Chronically Content

A Chronically Ill Christian, Challenged to be Content

Chronically Content  - A Chronically Ill Christian, Challenged to be Content

My “Spring” Break

Last week my family and I traveled south for Spring Break.  We visited my daughter and her husband, as well as my parents, sisters and all the rest of the family.  The weather was spring-like, with sun and chilly breezes.  We enjoyed seeing grass turning green, daffodils and trees blossoming.

Image SEO P1010008

While we were there, our home got a contract!  We’ve had it for sale for a year, and have prayed and prayed for it to sell!  What a relief to get this contract, finally :)  If all goes well, it will close in a month!!!  Our child also got a raise (up from minimum wage) as well as her hubby!  This is great, because it will really help the newlyweds as they are saving for grad school next year.  They’re living very frugally, and they’ll be able to have some savings now!  What a blessing they’ve been given.

Image SEO IMG_1241

We had a safe trip home, and are now experiencing the opposite of Spring!  It’s snowing like crazy!  It’s also sleeting.  With my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, I’m dealing with travel-induced pain.  Two days of traveling in our little Civic isn’t the best thing for my body.  Last night I began paying for it.  My feet especially are suffering, and I really don’t know how to help them.  My left foot (joints of the toes) feel broken.  I’ve been rubbing Aspercreme into the joints, but we’ll see if that helps.  I guess it will just take time.

Image SEO IMG_1380

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to everyone!!!

• krystel says:

cant wait for my spring break

March 17, 2014 at 7:30 pm
    • lisa says:

I hope a warm and fun time :)

March 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm
  • Shannon says:

Wow I wouldn’t have wanted to leave the great temperatures. Snow here again and YUCK. I hate cold temperatures. I hate riding in the car for long distances because it also hurts me. I hope it warms up again soon for us all.

March 17, 2014 at 10:52 pm
    • Shannon says:

Is that Poison Ivy/Oak in the pic? It sure does look like it.

March 17, 2014 at 11:02 pm
      • lisa says:

I hope not :( Yuk!

March 17, 2014 at 11:09 pm
    • lisa says:

I know! I’m sitting by the fireplace staying warm, and will be happy to see some warm days. Sunshine and flowers will be a nice change when Spring finally arrives. Stay warm where you are, Shannon :)

March 17, 2014 at 11:11 pm
  • Natasha @ Epic Mommy Adventures says:

It sounds like you had a really great Spring break with your family. It’s so great that you have a contract on your house! Will you be moving closer to family? And also congrats to your daughter and son-in-law on getting a raise – it sounds like they have big plans ahead! I’m sorry to hear that the travel back home was tough on your body – I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

March 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm
    • lisa says:

Thanks, Natasha :) We had a fun break and many great blessings! I’m starting to feel a little stronger today…those trips just take some time to get over!
      I appreciate your hosting the Turn It Up Tuesday hop so much…it was a blast :)

March 21, 2014 at 5:02 pm